Amazon Elastic Beanstalk
Amazon Elastic Beanstalk is used to deploy the applications and scaling web applications, so you just upload the code and this application deploys your code to Amazon Web Service infrastructure without your need of managing the infrastructure. You just need to deploy and manage the applications rather than managing the infrastructure. Amazon Elastic Beanstalk is also called an automatic version of Amazon EC2. With the help of Amazon Elastic Beanstalk you don’t need to get the access to Operating system, but you have full control over the configuration of your system. Amazon Elastic Beanstalk highly reliable and scalable services.
Amazon Elastic Beanstalk supports that application which are developed with the following languages:
Every language supports different configurations setup, where configuration defines the different infrastructure for each language and different software stack to be used for a given environment.
- Predefine Infrastructure: You don’t need to assemble the resources for your applications, Amazon Web Services provides the predefined application infrastructure for the customers. So the customers can concentrate on their application rather than assembling the required resources.
- Scalable Infrastructure: There is no need of fixed Infrastructure, You can modify the application infrastructure any time. For example: If higher CPU, RAM (memory) numbers are needed for your running application, then you can scale up the EC2 instances and save the infrastructure setting.
- Automatically Scale Up & Down: Amazon Elastic Beanstalk automatically scales your application up and down based on the specific needs of application at that particular time.
Amazon Elastic Beanstalk Components:
Amazon Elastic Beanstalk carries with it three different components to manage or execute your applications on the Amazon Web Service infrastructure.
2. Application Versions
1. Application When you deploy the application in the Amazon EBS, Elastic Beanstalk creates a separate folder which is dedicated to your application. This folder is a collection of different components, your application versions and environment configurations.
2. Application Versions Amazon elastic beanstalk provides you an option where you can upload different versions of you application without even deleting the previous one.
3. Environment In a single point of time, environment can run only a single version of your application (such as Tomcat-Dev, Tomcat-Test, Tomcat-Pro), but EBS provides an option where you can create multiple environment for your single application. Let’s suppose you have different stages for your single app like Development Stage, Testing Stage and Production Stage, unfortunately you can only run the single stage of your application. But Amazon Elastic Beanstalk allow you to create different environments for each stage of your application.
Amazon Elastic Beanstalk Pricing:
Amazon Elastic Beanstalk is free of cost there is not any charge for this service, Amazon charges only for the resources (Resources such as EC2 Instance, Storage, Network, etc..) that are used for specific applications.