Property and casualty insurance is a type of coverage that helps to protect you and your belongings. It is also known as P&C insurance. It’s an umbrella phrase for a variety of insurance policies that cover your personal belongings and provide liability protection.
Property insurance helps cover things you own, such as your house or car. It is an insurance policy popular with business owners, which protects the business property in the event of damage and theft, covering the structure and its content.
Casualty insurance is a general insurance policy that protects companies from risks or liabilities that arise in their business environment. This policy includes liability insurance to protect you in the event that you are found to be responsible for an accident that may hurt another person or damage another person’s property.
Health insurance and life insurance do not fall under the term “property and casualty insurance”. Because these policies don’t pay for your physical property. Instead, they cover the prices for you (as a human).
Types of Property and Casualty Insurance:

Car Insurance

Car insurance helps protect your car and you in several ways, depending on which insurance you choose. Drivers in most states are required by law to have liability insurance coverage. In addition, your lender may require comprehensive collision insurance.

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance helps protect your home and your belongings from dangers such as theft and fire. Homeowners’ insurance usually includes liability insurance. This will help protect you if you find yourself legally liable after someone has been injured in your home or after you have damaged someone else’s property.

Condo Insurance

Your personal belongings are insured by the condo insurance in the property and casualty insurance, including the interior work of your property. Your condo association should have an insurance policy that covers the outdoor part. P&C for condo insurance usually includes liability insurance. This means that if someone gets injured in a condominium, the costs associated with that injury will be covered by medical and liability insurance.

Business Insurance

Your business can also benefit from P & C coverage. Your business owns an asset and bears a lot of responsibility for it, no matter what kind of business it is. Owning your own business is always a risk and non-life insurance is a good way to mitigate your risk, so you can focus on what really matters for your business.

Landlord insurance

Landlord insurance protects any property you own that is generating rental income. This covers damage to the building (property) as well as a public liability (accident). If you are a landlord in any capacity, a standard landlord’s P&C is required to stay protected.